Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Aiyoh...

What would you have done if you saw someone shoplifting? I posted this on facebook and the answers are just absurd.

Today when I was buying some groceries, I saw a middle-aged woman put an item from the shelf into her bag. When she saw me, she quickly tugged her bag under her armpit and walked away.

I did look around to see if anybody was around but unfortunately, everybody was just busy with whatever they are doing. By the time, I had turned my head, the woman was no longer in sight.

Somehow, I felt...oh man, I should have stopped her. But what could I do? Probably could have walked up to her and asked her to put the item back onto the shelf, or asked her to pay for the item. It may seem awkward but I do feel that is the right thing to do.

What would you have done then?

No comments: