Monday, September 15, 2008

911

Val's entry on 911 had triggered me to write this. So what was I doing during this terrible incident?

I was working with SIA(one of the dream company I want to be in) @ the HR department under the recruitment & selection for the IT department. Being someone with just an O' Lvl cert and of no relevant job experience, it seems like the impossible thingy, especially in the government sector. But I've got the chance of a temporary contract and was already on the to-be-converted to a permanent staff stage.

Unfortunately, all things changed because of 911 terrorist crash incident. This has affected the aviation industries quite badly. All available headcounts froze, and many even got retrenched. For me, my hopes with SIA vanished, just like WTC.

The lucky thingy that came outta this? I got employed with Keppel. And thank God for that. =)

No comments: