Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My EpiLasik Op on 15th May 2008

Now now, I know I have not blog on my EpiLasik Opz & there are many people whom are curious about it. Cos it’s been a week plus, pls let me try my best in recalling on how the whole thingy went about.

It was a fast move on my side. Was just talking about it with some friends & within a few days I have done the opz. Same goes to my parents; I have asked for their approval, the very next day I did it! =X

After taking some pills (can’t remember what it is), I sat on the sofa waiting for my turn; I was trying to feel my pulse to see if I was nervous. Maybe it was because of the pills and that Darling was there, my pulse seemed fine. Well, I wasn’t really afraid about it, but I was glad Darling was with me =)

As expected, it was a long wait before my turn or rather I was the last on the list for the opz that day.

The preparation before the opz was quite a calm one - when I walked into the room, I was greeted by the assistant whom helped me with the robes and disinfection of the eye area. The last I saw with my spectacles was a cross on the wall and this made me felt like praying. I was then asked to sit on another sofa and she played some music... Dr Julian Theng then came out to greet me as well and ask on how I was feeling and cracked some jokes with me before leading me to the surgery room.

On the surgery bed, my eyebrows were then being taped & eyelids being clipped to prevent blinking. However, one of the drops which felt super cold after contacting my eye forced me wanting to blink! The actual opz was more superb, you just have to look at the spaceship and to focus on the green & red lights. The whole process was so fast, you didn't even know you have already gone through it. (Don't mind me, I hate to recall on the machine names. I'll just use similar items/objects to describe it. =P)

The night after the op, I kept tearing, there was no pain, but once I open my eyes, tears just flowed! This frightened me a little as one of my eye seemed to have triple lids and the other being extremely small!

Second day, I was ultra sensitive to light and I just want to hide in a dark corner. *Totally vampired* Worst of all, my attempt to take public transport; though a successful one but I almost got hit by car while crossing the road! =X

Third day onwards, I was already out playing. =D

Not forgetting I have to keep dripping eyedrops (4 types!) every 3 hours and the tear drops as and when I feel dryness in my eye. I sorta got 'scolded' by Darling for rubbing my eyes with my hands & not putting the drops when necessary. Oh ya, the sunglasses too, but I really felt it was rude to wear it while eating with the rest. =(


Don't worry, I now clean my hands before I put my drops, under bright sunlight, I will wear the sunglasses. I've brought enough tissue paper out to wipe my eyes okie? =)

As of today, my vision is still a little blurry, especially when I'm in office, I simply have to sit very close to my monitor screen. Weird isn't it? Heh! But I know it's improving! Yday, after I had dripped one of the eyedropz, for almost 10 secs, the vision became super sharp! And I love it! Haha! I'll just have to wait patiently for it to stabilize then I'll be able to enjoy.

Cheers! Everything is good! But I should have done this earlier in my life =)

P.S.: It's taking too long for me to finish this & I'm getting lazy. So don't mind me for the brief notes on the later part of this post. =D

No comments: