Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two Decisions

I went for the pre-LASIK assessment yesterday & have decided that I will do Epi-Lasik. Gotten my approval from my parents (but I will still do it even if they disapprove), calculated on my budgets, spoke to my boss that I will be able to handle all work before ops. There seem to be nothing that I miss out?

I had hesitated too long since the day I was being introduced to it, which is like in the early 2000s. Back then, I wasn't financially stable as I was still a clubbing princess & that my close friends were discouraging me to do so (even when I type this).

So the question is why do it now?
- Be it permanent contact lens or disposable ones. I can never get a good fit or clear vision.
- Extreme discomfort/redness/dryness after wearing contact lens. I have to bring my spectacles almost all the time!
- Have to go diving with contact lens. Possible to get serious infection or lost of lens. Thus wastage of $$$ & possible not to spot on macro stuffz.
- I love my brown eyes. Do not deny, it's nice, combo-ed with my smile =D

By now, I have received lotsa well wishes from friends, but I was thinking, "What's so scarey about it?" I then thought of the things which really matters to me, and only two came in mind.
- The first thingy when I look at someone is their eyes.
- The warmest thingy I can feel is through someone's smile.

Both does involved one's sight isn't it? *Heh*

Oh well, if all of you kept saying I'm brave. Maybe I am...cos I've decided to do both eyes at the same time. Maybe I am not too...I have not lie on the ops bed. Maybe I would have shivered.

The only thingy which made me question myself was whether I'm able to take care for my love ones when they need me. But I will just hope & pray there won't be any implications after the ops.

As for the second decision, I can't really say much. I knew things were changing for me - I just wasn't sure if it was for the better. Nonetheless, I accepted this challenge and I'm sure GOD has a plan for all of us, we'll just have to wait patiently.

No comments: